Albany Preparatory Charter School is dedicated to helping each scholar reach their career goal. As a preparatory charter school, we are committed to helping scholars understand the world of work: employers have a standard for how you dress and expectations of professional behavior. As a result, Albany Preparatory Charter School expects all scholars to wear the uniform when they arrive at their job: school. The uniform is the scholar’s professional attire. Scholars who are not in professional attire will not be eligible to go to class or participate in school activities. Parents will be expected to bring the appropriate clothing or the individual will either have to stay in the Commitment Room throughout the school day or be sent home.
Albany Preparatory Charter School scholars must come to school in the following professional attire:
- Purple polo shirt with Albany Preparatory Charter School Shield only
- Black Pants or black knee length pleated skirt for girls
- NO JEANS are to be worn
- Plain black sweater with no pockets, no emblems, no designs, no logos, no hoods Albany Prep Sweaters are available for purchase at B. Lodges
- Black shoes. No colored stripes, bottoms, etc. The shoes or sneakers must be 100% black
- Solid black belt with no design and with a plain belt buckle• Solid black socks or stockings
- Scholars are only allowed to wear post earrings
- Girls are allowed to wear a solid black headband.
- Solid black shorts (to be worn at the designated time)
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times
Albany Preparatory Charter School scholars should wear the following gym attire:
- Purple T shirt with Albany Preparatory Charter School shield
- Solid black sweat pants or shorts (to be worn at the designated time)
- Solid black socks
- Solid black sneakers
Gym clothes can only be worn during the scholar’s gym day.